Join a global high-performing team that is turning big data into our world’s cleanest, cheapest, most reliable source of power! AutoGrid provides energy management solutions to utilities and amazing career opportunities to highly motivated project managers. As a member of the AutoGrid team, you will have a chance to work with the brightest minds in the space and solve the world's toughest energy problems. If this challenge appeals to you, keep reading!
About the Professional Services Group:
AutoGrid’s Professional Services Group works with leading utilities across the globe to deploy our cloud-based energy management solutions. Members of the PS team are responsible for taking our software and deploying it to the field, where it forecasts, optimizes, and controls millions of distributed energy resources, including DR, EVSEs, storage, smart solar, and more!
AutoGrid’s elite PS team works remotely as well as walking the halls at utilities and acting as AutoGrid’s “face” to clients; this requires superior professionalism, organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
The PS team has responsibilities for these key areas of AutoGrid’s business:
- Manage all post-sales implementation of customer deployments including scope definition, schedule management, use case definition, product deployment and configuration, solution testing, user training, and all other tasks related to delivering the solution to AutoGrid's customers.
- Provide ongoing support, testing, and maintenance to ensure customer acceptance and satisfaction through new product releases.
- Manage and maintain integration with various hardware device vendors that are included as components in AutoGrid deployments. Understand the end-to-end solution, monitor device patches and upgrades, and regularly test interoperability throughout the stack.
- Provide pre-sales support through contributing to proposals, developing SOWs, and demonstrating our solution.
Our group is successful when customers are deriving business value from AutoGrid software and are delighted with their experience.
- Lead client engagements, and take responsibility for successful delivery
- Manage cross-functional team from PS, Products, Data Science, Engineering, and other groups
- Identify key stakeholders and develop strong working relationships with customer and internal team members
- Travel regularly to customer sites as projects require.
- Assist functional leads to interpret customer requirements and drive mapping to AutoGrid features. Develop project scope and charter.
- Own full project management cycle including
- Facilitating definition of project goals and deliverables
- Leading meetings - preparing agendas, leading discussions, and ensuring meeting results are documented and communicated to project team and sponsors
- Tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress to all stakeholders
- Conducting project evaluations and results assessment
- Manage subcontractors, partners, and other vendors and align all parties toward project goals.
- Maintain project documentation including project plans, budget, risk assessments, design documents, test plans, etc.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive consensus. Manage expectations to align with project goals and realistic deliverables
- Develop and execute project communication cadence including regular status updates to customer stakeholders and AutoGrid management.
- Support sales team as necessary with project plans and estimates for proposals and RFP responses. Ensure clean post-sale handoff from contracting to delivery mode.
- Bachelors degree required; MS or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of professional services experience in a utility-facing role
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple complex software implementation projects and delivering ahead of schedule
- Expert proficiency with project management methodologies and software tools
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and analytical capabilities
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams
- Working familiarity of the utility IT stack
- Deep understanding of demand side management including demand response and distributed energy resources
- Driven to exceed client expectations and deliver on commitments
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies for product development
- Ability to interpret object-oriented language such as Python or Ruby
- Proven experience working in a dynamic startup environment will be a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Working with a smart, collaborative, and fun group of people solving big important problems
- An exciting atmosphere, and an outstanding work/life balance
- Beautiful, spacious, modern office in Redwood Shores
- Flexible hours and choice of computer (Mac, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive health care, dental, and vision coverage
- Excellent 401(k) and flexible spending plans
- Two weeks of paid time off annually, in addition to 10 paid public holidays
- Life, short term and long term disability, supplemental, and AD&D insurance
- Delicious lunch catered daily and healthy snacks offered 24/7
- Commuter transit, parking, biking, vanpool and park & ride benefits
- H-1B visa transfers welcome for qualified candidates