Location: Reside in the Bay Area, CA / Split time in Japan
- This will be AutoGrid’s first hire in Japan. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the successful delivery of a long term Virtual Power Plant project already underway.
- Project Manager will be responsible to drive the entire project management cycle including project goals, deliverables, documentations, facilitation, tracking, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Project Manager will be responsible for developing the client relationship, managing stakeholders and working smoothly with cross-functional teams within the company as well as on the client’s side. Active coordination with Professional Services teams in India and in California will be required.
- Project Manager will take responsibility for delivery of future projects in Japan and other countries of the APAC region, when local teams have not been yet established.
- Project Manager will be expected to play an active role in developing new business and originating new opportunities for the Japan market.
- Project Manager (Distributed Energy / Power) will have 4+ years of Software project management experience with exposure to SaaS, big data and/ or IoT. He/She will have strong Japanese language proficiency as all the projects will be based in Japan and will work closely with native Japanese businesses.
- Work experience related to the Power industry, specifically on Demand Response and Distributed Energy optimization would be a very strong plus but not essential.
- Project Manager will have a strong track record of managing and delivering on several complex software implementation projects in Japan. He/she will have expert proficiency with project management methodologies and software tools.
AutoGrid builds software applications that enable a smarter Energy Internet. The company’s suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers to deliver cheap, clean and reliable energy by managing networked distributed energy resources (DERs) in real time and at scale.
The world’s leading energy companies, including E.ON, Bonneville Power Administration, Florida Power & Light, Southern California Edison, Eneco, Portland General Electric, CPS Energy, New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, NextEra Energy and CLEAResult, are using AutoGrid’s software to improve their operations, integrate renewables and drive deeper engagement with their customers. AutoGrid has been recognized with several prestigious industry awards including Bloomberg New Energy Pioneer 2016, World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2015, Red Herring Top 100 North America 2015, Industrial Innovation Company of the Year by the Cleantech Group and Green Product of the Year by the BIG Awards for Business Programs.